Delivery & Returns Policy
We charge a postage and packing fee to cover the costs of sending you your products, this allows more money to go towards our work
Standard UK delivery (UK mainland and British Isles delivery) within 5–10 working days £3.95Express delivery 2-3 working days (available for personalised products only) £6.95Next UK working day delivery (for orders placed before 1pm)£7.95.
We shall not be responsible to you for any delays in the delivery of items that are caused by events outside of our control. However, we will contact you as soon as possible to notify you of any such events, and we will try to minimise the effects of any delay.
Cancelling your order – this only applies to purchased items
You are entitled to cancel any order you have made on our website, email or telephone for any reason (including if you simply change your mind) up to and including 14 days after the day on which you receive your purchase unless your item:
- is made to your specification or clearly personalised;
- is likely to deteriorate or expire rapidly
- becomes inseparably mixed with other goods after they are delivered to you;
- is sealed for health protection and/or hygiene reasons and the seal is broken after the item is delivered to you; or
- is a sealed audio or video recording (such as a CD and DVD) where the seal is broken after the item is delivered to you
If you cancel your order before we dispatch it, we will refund all sums you have paid to us for that order (including the delivery costs paid by you, up to the amount charged for the least expensive kind of delivery service we offer) no later than 14 days after the day of you telling us you want to cancel.
If you wish to cancel your order once you have received it, you should send the items back to us as soon as possible, and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you tell us you want to cancel your order. You will be responsible for the costs of returning the items to us.
We will then refund you the following sums:
- the purchase price; and
- provided that you are returning the entirety of your order, the delivery costs paid by you, up to the amount charged for the least expensive kind of delivery service we offer
These will be paid within 14 days after the day we receive the item back from you or you providing evidence that you returned the item to us (if earlier). We will make reimbursement using the same method as you used for your initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise.
Please note that we may make a deduction if the value of the item has been reduced as a result of your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the item, and later discover you have handled it in an unacceptable way, you will be required to pay us an appropriate.
For further details of how to cancel and return items, please see our returns and refund page.
RETURNS AND REFUNDS
If you have changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 30 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we would expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused. Once returned, we will refund the person who originally placed and paid for the order.
How do I return an item?
If you have ordered any items from our shop you qualify for free returns and exchanges and will be provided with free return details in your delivery. If you are unsure whether or not your order qualifies, or you have lost your label please contact us on the below and we will be happy to help
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by telephone at 01344 624828
Please provide us with details of your order to allow us to identify your purchase
- Please note that the Free Return Label does not include insurance and tracking. We are unable to refund or exchange items that do not reach us, so you may wish to purchase additional proof of postage services
For all other orders (subject to the exceptions below). Please return products by packing it securely (in the original packaging where possible) with a copy of your receipt and customer advice note to:
War Horse Memorial
18 Ascot Towers, Windsor Road
Ascot, Berkshire SL5 7LG
You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. When returning items, please retain proof of postage
What items are excluded from the returns and refunds policy?
The following items are excluded from our goodwill returns policy, unless faulty or not as described:-
- Pierced earrings and pierced body jewellery
- Goods listed as donated, unless there is a fault that was not listed by us in the product description (please see below for more details)
- Personalised goods
- Clearance items reduced to half price or less
- Perishable goods such as fresh flowers and food
- Any gift cards
- Underwear/swimwear which has been worn and/or the hygiene strip has been removed
- Bedding that has been used
- Hats & hair accessories which has been worn
- Cosmetics, toiletries & towels that have been unsealed and opened
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
Suggested Donation Products
For any items for which you made a donation we will:
- Refund the delivery charges that you paid (up to the amount charged for the least expensive kind of delivery service we offer); or
- Send a replacement
- Please note that we cannot offer a refund for any item where a suggested donation was made at the time the item was ordered as this is an optional payment and not a payment for the item. War Horse Memorial is only permitted to return donations in limited circumstances if we can establish the making of the donation was a genuine mistake or there are other legal grounds for returning the donation.
When Will I Receive My Refund?
- Once we receive the relevant item(s) back in its original condition with proof of purchase we will process your refund
- Your refund may take up to 14 days and will be paid back to the original debit, credit or charge card used to purchase
Terms and Conditions
- If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it
- Unless faulty, this should be within 30 days of purchase
- Ordinarily if you have your delivery note we’ll refund the original debit, credit or charge card used to purchase
- Please return any unwanted item, unless faulty, in its original condition. We’d expect this to mean that:
- You’ve kept all original packaging and label
- It’s undamaged and unused (excludes normal examination of the product as you might do in store)
- You haven’t entered any personal data on to the product
- Where a product has been personalised for you, unless faulty, we’re unable to refund or offer an exchange. See above for the full list of products that can’t be returned
- For online or telephone purchases we’ll refund the standard delivery charge, provided you return the full order. If you are only returning some of the items on your order, then we will only refund the cost of those items
- This does not affect your statutory rights