This policy describes how and why the War Horse Memorial uses your personal information, how we protect your privacy when doing so, and your rights and choices regarding this information. We promise to respect any of your personal information which is under our control and to keep it safe. We aim to be clear when we collect your information about what we will do with it.
How we collect your information:
You may give us your information in order to sign up for one of our events, make a donation, purchase our products, register as a volunteer, media volunteer or ambassador for us
We use any information we collect for strictly product shipping.
What Personal information will War Horse collect?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- (including postal address, telephone number, e-mail address and/or social media identity)
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Your bank or credit card details where you provide these to make a payment
If you register to work or volunteer with us, we may also ask for the following:
- Health information, especially if the job requires moving and potential helping set up or lift various items
We will use your personal information to:
- Provide you with the, products or information you asked for;
- Keep a record of your relationship with us;
- Respond to or fulfil any requests, complaints or queries you make to us;
- Understand how we can improve our services, products or information by conducting analysis and market research;
- Manage our events;
- Check for updated contact details against third party sources so that we can stay in touch if you move (see “Keeping your information up to date” below);
- Further our charitable objectives;
- Register, administer and personalise online accounts when you sign up to products we have developed;
- Send you correspondence and communicate with you.
- Contact you if enter your details onto one of our online forms, and you don’t ‘send’ or ‘submit’ the form, to see if we can help with any problems you may be experiencing with the form or our websites;
- Display content to you in a way appropriate to the device you are using (for example if you are viewing content on a mobile device or a computer);
- Monitor website use to identify visitor location, guard against disruptive use, monitor website traffic and/or personalise information which is presented to you;
- Process your application for a job or volunteering position;
- Meet our legal obligations, for instance to perform contracts between you and us, or our obligations to regulators, government and/or law enforcement bodies;
- Carry out fraud prevention and money laundering checks;
- Establish, defend or enforce legal claims.
How we keep your information safe
- Our site is protected by an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption certificate which is the industry standard for protecting sensitive information provided via website.
How long do we keep this information for?
How to access or update your data, register a complaint or contact us
- We want to keep you in control of your personal data. To change or update your records, lodge a complaint, please contact:
Under UK data protection law, you have rights over personal information that we hold about you. This includes:
- Right to access your personal information
- Right to have any inaccuracies in personal information corrected
- Right to restrict use of your personal information
- Right to erasure of your personal information
- Right for your personal information to be portable
- Right to object the use of your personal information